Hey there, I made mouthwash today aaand I already used like half of it. You know how conventional mouthwash is typically super strong, like make your eyes water strong. Well, luckily you can make your own for pretty cheap. All the materials cost around $7, and is full of all natural astringents and anti-bacterial properties.
Rosemary - A natural anti-septic that naturally contains trace amounts of calcium. The best thing about this is it neutralizes bad breath. It's also great for the respiratory tract and is good for colds, sore throats, and can even help with infections. It stimulates circulation which is great for gingivitis and is a natural pain reliever. It can even fight plaque buildup. Pretty amazing for an herb that'll cost you about $1.
Tea tree oil - Also good for plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath. It's also a strong anti-bacterial, which will keep your gums healthy. It can also be used for canker sores and for sore throats. One thing though is you shouldn't swallow it. So just swish, gargle and make sure to spit it out.
Here's what you'll need:
- One large spring of rosemary
- 3 cups of distilled water - always the best to use with homemade health products.
- 30 drops of tea tree oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin C powder (as a preservative)
- Bring 3 cups of distilled water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Place rosemary inside water and reduce heat to medium.
- Place a lid on top and leave undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Take the lid off and remove the rosemary stem. Use a funnel to move the fluid into a new container.
- Once cooled add 30 drops of tea tree oil.
- If you're going to be making lots of liquid beauty or health products it's good to invest in some vitamin C powder. Once the powder dissolves in water it acts as a preservative. So add it in if you have it.
- Shake before using.