This blackberry lemonade came out more of a watermelon color, just something I noticed. :) I'm glad to have used my blackberry syrup that I made yesterday for this! The blackberries bring a new twist to all the lemonade I've been drinking recently.
I'd like to think I'm getting an extra boost of nutrients form the blackberries, even if they are consumed by sugar. Wishful thinking? Probably, I'm good for that.
Makes: 2 quarts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup of lemonade - approximately 8-10 medium sized lemons
- 1 cup of blackberry syrup - You'll need about 10 minutes and 1/2 a cup of blackberries + 1 cup sugar, check out the directions in that upper link!
- 1 1/2 quarts of water - 6 cups
- 2 cups of ice
- Extra blackberries for garnish - optional
- In a large pitcher, blend blackberry syrup with lemon juice. Make sure the syrup dilutes in the lemon juice.
- Add water and ice and stir.
- Garnish with blackberries