I feel like this post exemplifies the aesthetic crisis I'm currently having. Half of me wants to be moody, warm, and messy. The other half wants to be clean and bright. What's a wayward [following one's own capricious, wanton, or depraved inclinations : ungovernable <a wayward child>] girl to do? I just had to share the definition. It was too good. Depraved and ungovernable are my tastes these days. So it goes. So, what is a wayward girl to do? Eh, a little of both, because it's oh-so-capricious of me. Word nerds, you're welcome.
So what is Forbidden Rice Milk? It's rice milk, made from forbidden rice. That's it. It acts like rice milk, it tastes like rice milk, for all intensive purposes it is rice milk. Except purple. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like purple is the most unnatural looking natural color there is. Where is it found except flowers and apparently rice milk? Oh, and rainbows.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup of black or forbidden rice
- 2 cups of water + 4 more for later
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- a pinch of sea salt
- Let the rice milk soak in 2 cups of water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Strain and rince well under cool water.
- Add 4 cups of fresh water and blend well.
- Strain the solid pieces through a cheesecloth. Cheesecloth always works better than a sieve with rice milk.
- Add honey and a pinch of salt. Shake well and serve over ice.