Now that Halloween has passed, I have been craving green juice all week and this one is one of my favorites. I learned about it in college from the Raw Foods Detox Diet. It's lightly modified from the original recipe. I like to add in cilantro or parsley because I learned from Food Matters that those two help you move out heavy metals. And I spend way too much time thinking about heavy metal toxicity. I'm not entirely sure how well I'm grasping it, but I'm pretty sure I want them out. Just kidding, heavy metal toxicity can cause a whole heap of problems. See, I know lots of stuff.
Aside from being super beneficial to your health, this juice is also pretty mild compared to other green juices. It's slightly salty from the celery and both cucumber and apples have a high water content. The most flavorful ingredients are the parsley and lemon, and since I only used the tiniest bit of parsley, the lemon really makes the most impact.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 of a bunch of celery - stems cut off and washed
- 1 large head of kale - washed
- 1/2 bunch of parsley - about 15 springs
- 1 medium cucumber - washed, skin on
- 1 apple - cored and washed - I used Fiji, also when juicing anything with the skin on, try and get it organic.
- 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime
- In a juicer, juice celery, kale, apple, cucumber, and cilantro. Tip: cilantro juices better if you roll it into a little ball.
- Squeeze in lemon and lime juice and add ice.