If you're like me and you have a ton of lemons, like way too many to just squeeze into water and stews and you're looking for an easy lemon recipe... an easy lemon dessert. Then this might be the thing for you.
These came out great! They're a lot different than the orange ones. The flavor is stronger and they are much more tart. The creamy tart mixture reminds me of lemon pies, except as far as lemon desserts go, they're much easier to make.
Prep: 10 minutes
Set: 6 hours - overnight
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- popsicle molds - I used these ones, but with real popsicles sticks.
- Mixing Bowl
- Put heavy cream and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk ingredients together until completely mixed.
- Add sugar and lemon and whisk for approximately 2 minutes until completely blended.
- Add mixture into popsicle molds and let it set 30-60 minutes before adding the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze 6 hours - overnight.
These were really simple to make. I was really worried about the combination of citrus and dairy, because typically when you mix the two together they curdle, but this mixture didn't show any signs of that at all. So if it's on your mind, don't worry.