I haven't baked anything in a while, but when you've got mushy bananas calling your name, what else can you do? (Probably a lot of things, but I made banana bread.) I have to admit it wasn't the greatest day for this, being so hot and all. Speaking of, it might be time for me to spend some time near a large body of water. Maybe a lake for a change. It would suit my introspective mood. Introspective about what, I can't really say. It's just kind of a random mush of thoughtfulness. Seems a lot of folks are having this experience right about now. Just a bunch of misplaced thoughts finding their homes, or final resting spots. I can't put many more words to it than that, but one thing I do know is that you should watch footage of Tom Petty on tour with Bob Dylan.
I got this recipe from Lovin' From the Oven and then added pecans:
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 bananas - very ripe
- 1/3 cup of butter - melted - I used salted Amish butter
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of pecans - coarsely chopped
- 1 whole egg - whisked
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla - I used my homemade
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven t0 350°
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas working out the bigger chunks with the back of a spoon.
- Add in vanilla, sugar, melted butter, and egg. Mix well.
- Add in pecans and mix.
- Sprinkle in baking soda and salt.
- Fold in flour, being careful not to overwork.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a bread pan