I love easy face masks that work and I can make with ingredients I already have. This one is a simple two step process AND rumor has it, Scarlett Johansson uses this mask. Aside from the fact it's what the stars use, why should you use honey on your skin? Well, it's moisturizing, clarifying, exfoliating, antibacterial, and loaded with antioxidants. So it's great wether you're in the over-worked tired skin phase or dealing with acne without drying out skin phase.
Bonus: You can also use it as a spot treatment for any blemishes. Just apply a generous amount, leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 4 cups of water - boiled and preferably filtered
- Large Bowl
- Place your boiled water in a large bowl and set is somewhere where you can steam your face and sit comfortably for 15 minutes. It's really important to get comfortable. You don't want your beauty regime to be a pain.
- Once you're comfortable place your face approximately 12-18" away from the rising steam and put the towel over your head. The towel should be long enough to keep all the steam in to get all of the extracting, pore-opening benefits of this mask.
- After about 15 minutes, gently pat your face dry and put on a generous layer of raw honey. Leave on for 15 minutes. I like to put it on my lips but avoid eyebrows and hairline where it's like to get stuck.
- Rinse your face with warm water. If you're using raw honey, it should be a bit granular, so you can scrub a little while you're rinsing it off for extra exfoliation.