I feel like I've made a lot of homemade beauty products this week. Not complaining, not at all. I love having little things around my bathroom every time I shower. Apparently rosemary can help your hair grow by up to 22%. That's volume, not the speed of hair growth. Although it does help hair grow faster too.
It's also clarifying, it smells good, and is apparently really good for memory. I use it in another one of my favorite recipes here, which is more of a rinse than a treatment, it's less moisturizing and more clarifying. Nutmeg is good for any inflammation and is full of antioxidants. It can also help hair grow. Additionally, it's a pain killer which was pretty cool to discover.
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- alternately you can use rosemary oil or nutmeg oil
- Blend all ingredients
- Shake well
- For best results let the herbs infuse in oil for a few days
- Apply directly to scalp and massage into wet hair in the shower
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse well. You may have to shampoo twice.