I've been thinking a lot about branding and now deliberate it is. Really through, nothing in this picture was by chance, not the shapes, not the font, and definitely not the colors. I think bloggers, who are branders by nature are kind of lucky in the fact that the more authentic become the more uniform our "brands" become. I'm pretty into it. That's the Urban Outfitters on 3rd st. in Santa Monica, it's a nice one if you get a chance to stop by.
Have you seen this bean bag? It's pretty cool. It also struck me that they used an older person in their advertising. I think we should do that more often. It's always young people falling in love, babies, and toddlers. I'm over it. Let's talk about the second half of life, where things (hopefully) make a lot more sense than they do now.
I'm getting ready for a retreat and I'm sure you'll hear more about it than maybe you want to, but you can't stop me because I live here, in the internet, inside your computer. I actually want to make a post of all the things I'm bringing with me. It'll be good, but for now, here are some photos from which I've drawn inspiration recently.
1. This room from Urban Outfitters. I'll DIY that bookshelf if it kills me. source: Urban Outfitters
2. I'm such a California culture fan kid. Even though I live here, every day I'm taken back, by the ocean and everything. I swear we're really sweet if you meet us out of our cars. source: Kate Spade
3. Life is lovely. Isn't it just? source: Thorn + Sparrow
4. What I wouldn't give to become a masterful painter. source: Pam and Gela
5. Proud to proclaim this will be me this weekend. source: The Odyssey Online
6. ... and hopefully a little of this. source: Country Jade on tumblr
Fortune favors the brave is my mantra this month. The month of April. The pink moon and my birthday which I happen to share with none other than the admirable, Gregory Peck.