I don't know about you but the bane of my existence is puffy under eye circles. I don't struggle as much with the dark circles, but the puffiness makes me crazy. As you may or may not already know turmeric is awesome for beating inflammation.
This face mask always makes me laugh, because it's super pigmented and every time I go to wash it off I'm like "It's never coming off. It's never coming off. My face will be yellow for a week. Oh gosh, it's really not coming off." It always does, but I still never fail to panic. That's part of the fun (no, it's really not).
So, turmeric is great for scars, specifically acne scars as it turns out. It also contains anti-oxidants and can kill the bacteria that causes inflammation.
Yogurt is super moisturizing and contains lactic acid which works as a mild chemical exfoliant.
Nutmeg also makes scars less visible and acts as an anti-inflammatory. It's also great for treating blackheads.
So between the three you'll tackle scars, acne, inflammation, blackheads, and exfoliate your skin. Doesn't sound half bad.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your entire face avoiding eyebrows and eyes, or you can spot treat for acne.
- Let it set until it's completely dry.
- Wash off with soap. If you need an extra boost to get it off try a little dab of coconut oil.